This game is from 2016. The old rules were not great. Time to fix them.
1. Shuffle cards 1 - 9 and create the Draw deck.
2. Shuffle cards 10 - 13 and create the Spot deck.
3. Deal 5 cards to each player from the Draw deck.
4. Deal 2 cards to the center of the table from the Spot deck. This is the Spot Goal.
HOW TO WIN
First player to win three Spots wins.
WHO GOES FIRST
Youngest player goes first. They are the jobber, after all.
1. Action (one of the following)
a. Attack: Play a valid card
b. Pass: Discard
c. Irish Whip: Change the color of the card.
a. From Draw deck
b. From Discard pile
PLAYING A CARD
First player may play any card from their hand into the Play deck.
A card is valid if adding the card to the sum of all Play deck cards does not exceed the Spot Goal and...
1. If it is the same color, it may be of any value.
2. If it is a different color, the value must be higher than the previous card played.
If a valid card cannot be played, the player must discard a card face up to the Discard pile.
If a player has at least two cards in their hand, they may perform an Irish Whip. To perform an Irish Whip, a player must play a card face down to the Play deck. The player must now play another card face up to the Play deck. Because the previous card was face down, any card counts as a valid card.
DRAWING A CARD
A player may draw the top card from the Draw deck or the top card from the Discard pile.
If a player plays a valid card and the sum of all cards played equals the Spot Goal, that player wins the Spot.
The winning player may keep up to 1 card. The losing player may keep up to 3 cards. Shuffle the remaining cards numbered 1 - 9 and deal a new hand of 5 cards to each player. Deal 2 new Spot cards to create a new Spot Goal. The player who won the last Spot chooses who goes first.
A player may not have more than 7 cards in their hand.