Listening to: The Spill Canvas - Gold Dust Woman
I decided to play some BioShock this past weekend to see if I could get back into it. That special feeling never returned and we parted our ways. BioShock on the Xbox 360 has made me realize a few things about the game as well as things about myself:
- The graphics (the water especially) are amazing.
- The mood of the game is wonderfully rendered.
- The voice acting is top notch.
- The story, from what I've seen of it, is mysterious and well-paced.
- The game scares me a lot.
- For some reason, I'm a terrible shot in this game. I couldn't hit the broad side of a wall if I tried (I know the saying is "barn", but there are no barns in this game). I think the closest I ever got to shooting someone was when they were lying face down in the water, on fire, and I walked up behind them so I could shoot a shotgun into their back. I may have missed at first. I don't remember. My eyes were probably closed and my hands were on my ears. This, ultimately, makes for a very enjoyable-less experience. It's not to say that I'm bad at FPS games or I dislike them (I do enjoy Call of Duty 4 very much). It's this specific game that makes me shoot like a blind quadriplegic.
I guess it just didn't work out between me and BioShock. I hope it can move on and just remember the good times.