Happy new year everyone! This year has certainly been an interesting one. Let's take a look at how December rounded out. Some key things to note are the following:
- I didn't release any new games.
- I started posting more on this blog (art and junk) as the month came to a close.
- I began to properly track all of my sites and registered their specific domains accordingly during the last week of December (everything used to just forward to a folder off of wanderingpandacomics.com)
- I added stats from physical toy/art sales (not quite passive per se...)
- Numbers in the parentheses show change from the prior month.
I think the most important piece of information I took away from this month is that sponsorships, regardless of how large or small, still make the largest chunk of side hustle for a game maker like myself. I'm sure all other Flash game developers out there would agree and it's not new news. Some things I will focus on for January are the following:
- Complete at least two games (sponsorship or not).
- Keep up and post at least one blog post a day.
- Properly update Mister Goh, a webcomic property I revived for 2011.
- Implement Facebook pages for a handful of my sites (Shen Games, Mister Goh) and its Connect functionality on those sites.
- Continue to spend time on Twitter and tweet accordingly.
December 2010 Side Hustle Stats
- MochiAds - $130.72 (+ $6.94)
- MochiAds Impressions - 184,962 (+ 5,428)
- MochiAds eCPM - $0.73 (+ $0.03)
- Top Game: (Don't) Save the Princess - 50,914 impressions
- Second Game: Zombie Farm - 39,096 impressions
- Third Game: Perfect Match Fit - 28,178 impressions
- AdSense - $50.58 (+ $0.62)
- Top Site: Shen Games
- Paid Apps - $4.20 - 6 total (- $2.10)
- Free Apps - $0.00 - 1,147 total (+ 624)
- Updates - $0.00 - 450 total (+ 450)
- Released: Sheep v1.2, EZ Caltrain 1.0
- None. (- $800.00)
- Ritz the Robot Plushie - $21.98 - 2 total
iTunes App Store
Wandering Panda Store
Grand Side Hustle Total: $180.96 (- $799.08)