I've been heading out to work pretty early in the mornings in which I'm not able to sit and eat with the family. A combination of getting ready, getting the kids changed, and all this other stuff, makes this my current state of morning. I read about this egg scramble you can bake the night before and just take with you on the way out.
I edited the recipe a bit based on what was around the house and the fact that no one can eat cheese. Turns out it was pretty awesome.
Ingredients and Stuff
- 4 ramekins
- 6 eggs
- turkey pieces (I used precooked)
- some kind of vegetable (I used baby bok choi)
- 1/3 of an onion chopped
- 2-3 slices of bread
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Tear up the bread so it lines the bottom of each ramekin.
3. Cook the bacon separately.
4. While bacon is cooking, whisk everything else together in a large bowl.
5. Chop up the cooked, crispy, bacon and mix it into the bowl.
6. Evenly distribute amongst the 4 ramekins.
7. Place ramekins on some kind of baking sheet in case the egg bakes over and spills out.
8. Cook for 45-50 minutes.
9. Eat one and tell the family you only made 3.